CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Need Your Ideas: Holiday Gifts

OK Blogger pals, I know how creative you all are so am calling on you to help me with suggestions and ideas for inexpensive but thoughtful holiday gifts for the kids teachers. I say inexpensive since Kaley has 6 teachers this year and Caroline has 2, so I have to buy/make 8 of whatever we come up with. The challenge is to not repeat something that's been done a million times, but give something that will be appreciated.

So what are you all giving the teachers, day care staff, etc in your lives this year?
Katie- what do you appreciate most as a teacher gift?

There is only 2 more week of school here, so I have to be able to put these together in that time frame too. If it helps, all of the teachers are female also. I would sure love any ideas you all might have... :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do i appreciate most as a teacher gift? straight up liquor, G. and cold hard cash. cuz i gots my mind on my money and my money on my miiiiiiiiind. :) but since i never get either from the darling little rugrats, i'll give ya a few things they have given me.....

I did enjoy the mom who made me a bunch of homemade baked goods and wrapped it up all pretty...inexpensive, but nice. and thoughtful. do you bake?

or a mug with hot chocolate packs in it. you can get some cheap x-mas mugs and fill'em with those flavored hot chocolates-maybe throw a few hershey's kisses in there.

they've also given me candles, lotion, stuff like dat. ornaments, too. :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking along the lines of Katie..You are a great baker... I was going to suggest copying Chris Chex mix idea in christmas tins... LOL!

Heather said...

I tend to do baked goods as well. One year, I did a variation of Katie's mug idea - I gave mugs, coffee or cocoa mix, & chocolate dipped spoons, which are easy to make.

Thanks for solving my day care teacher dilema, I'll just make sure to include them with the stuff I bake for work!

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks girls! Katie, you crack me up as usual, LOL! I do bake (the best chocolate chip banana bread EVER). Heather...how do you make chocolate dipped spoons? I like the mug idea with coffee/tea fixins. :)

Heather said...

You use melting chocolates - you can get them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Follow the directions on the package to melt and dip plastic spoons in. I used the fancy silver ones from the wedding section.

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks Heather, I'll be heading to Michael's this weekend...awesome idea!