CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

This year our family Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful! We (or should I say my Mom) decided that we all didn't need to go "all out" with the fancy side dishes and dressed up outfits and that we should be more casual and relaxed. It was sooooo much better and less stressful...as they say, Mom is always right! I only have pictures of my family and my folks as everyone else was shy. but here goes:

Kaley and Caroline pour Dad some spiced cider...yummy! Their tradition is to make the place cards every year, this year Caroline added a sign for over the table that read, "Thanksgiving Feast"...cute! She has called it that ever since she could talk. :)
Hubby and I getting ready to dig in!
The two things in this world that we are most thankful for...Kaley & Caroline!
This Thanksgiving wasn't just Turkey Day for us, it was also my parents 45th Wedding Anniversary...wow! That's just amazing to me and my siblings, what an accomplishment!
We are all going to a dinner show as a family to celebrate this coming weekend, but we also read them a sweet poem/toast at dinner, gave them a family tree with all of our pictures and various other silly gifts and a cake. Here is what they looked like 45 years ago on their special day:
And here's what they looked like 45 years later, adorable! Congrats Mom and Dad!!!
This is the cake my brother brought for one of the many desserts. Can you believe that after the huge meal we had, everyone still managed to find room for some cake?! :)

Our family is extremely thankful for everything that we have and everyone that touches our lives this year and always...that includes you blogger pals. Hope you all had a wonderful day too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful family, Kimmie. Great pictures. You and your husband are such a cute couple and the girls look fabulous as always.

Congrats to your parents. I love their wedding picture. That is just awesome! May they continue to be blessed with love and happiness always!

Melanie said...

Ahhh, your parents are too adorable. Looks like you had lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!!!

Kimmie Kay said...

I sure did, thanks! My family is the best and my parents are adorable. :)

Chris said...

Awww...great post Kim. I love the wedding pic of your mom and dad. I miss you guys! The girls are just getting prettier and prettier!

Heather said...

I love the wedding photo. It's great they're still together. Glad your casual Thanksgiving went well.

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks C and Heather!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! and even more special that it was your parents anniversary! Enjoy the Dinner show this weekend! Great Shots!