CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Black Friday Shout Out

I have to comment about the shopping experience that I had this year on Black Friday because it was actually pretty positive, more so than any other year I've done it. Overall, the people were more friendly and not rude (didn't see any pushing or grabbing) and everything I got up early for was there for me to buy, nothing was sold out, yippee! I left the house at 4 a.m., hit 3 busy stores and was home at 7 a.m., not bad at all. I couldn't sleep and ended up being up all night, but it was worth it as I'm pretty much done shopping for my kids already. :) * NOTE* if you are a die hard bargain hunter and Black Friday shopper, I found out that rather than sleeping you can now head to the mall on Turkey Day as it opens at midnight. I met some ladies who cleaned up their Thanksgiving Feasts, tucked their kids and husbands in bed and headed out at 10:30!

What really made a good impression on me was what happened at Old Navy. I'm sure you've all seen the commercials that if you spend $20 you get a free mp3 player, right? They opened at 5:00 a.m., but when I got there at 4:15 there were already about 40 people in line. By the time the store opened, there were over 100 people in line. So rather than a mad rush at the front door, the store manager came out and passed out wristbands and thanked everyone for coming.
I was already impressed! Then he said that we could redeem our wristbands and get the mp3 player anytime that day, so if we had other bargains to hunt we could come back anytime before they closed and our mp3 player would be reserved for us...wow! Very smart on their part since we now could take our time shopping and probably ended up spending more $ there. The staff was all decked out in red too, so it was easy to spot them if you needed help and they had plenty of people on registers so we didn't have to wait forever to check out either. I must admit that I don't normally shop at Old Navy regularly, but they sure did make a great impression on me!

Anyone have any other cool Black Friday stories or shout outs? Let me hear from ya...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i used to like Old Navy. now i LOVE Old Navy. that is way cool what they did for all you shoppers. I am glad it was such a great experience for you, Kimmie Kay!

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Heather said...

Old Navy's not really my store either - but that is awesome! Maybe that mall in Idaho will take the hint.

I found out that Babies R Us is basically unaffected by Black Friday. Lifeway was busy but nice and Target was RUDE.

Chris said...

I do not bother to get out in that madness. Maybe when my kid is older and I HAVE to but even still my motto is "there's always another sale". I just can't stomach the thought of pushing and shoving over some toy or game for my kid. The world is just too freaky these days. However, your OLD NAVY experience did ROCK and GO OLD NAVY! I like buying clothes for Lindsay there and they get my vote after that!

Kimmie Kay said...

There wasn't any pushing and shoving or rudeness at Old Navy, Wal Mart or Target where I was...it wasn't madness at all honestly! I enjoy getting the bargains and I really did save money...ya gotta love that. I guess I'm the only crazy one that likes it, LOL!