CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

Farewell Midnight, Our Friend...

Today has not been the best day here bloggers. The kids have a stomach bug and feel yucky, so I stayed home with them( I will now be working 10 hour days for the next 2 days to make up the time). Kaley has a small fever, but slept a lot this morning. Dad got stuck stuck at work and won't be home until 8 tonight, but the worst by far is that Caroline's pet, Midnight the Movie Star Mouse passed away today. :( My poor baby was so strong when she told me, then she and her sis put him in a box to be buried when Dad gets home. She covered the box in a towel so she wouldn't have to look at him all day. Then, the tears came. She only let me hug her while she cried for a few moments, then wanted to be alone in her room. I could hear her sobs 3 rooms away. I feel so bad, especially since she got him for her bday which was only 3 months ago and feels like it's her fault for not caring for him well enough (which so isn't true, rodents don't live long in general). This is a part of parenting that is sad, but also serves as a learning experience in dealing with the loss of loved ones, whether humans or animals. Caroline is closer to some animals than some humans too! So to cap off a down day, we are holding Midnight's Farewell at 8 tonight when Dad gets home from work. Oreo and Janet (his hamster friends) will attend. So farewell Midnight, we miss you already and thank you for the fun times you shared with Caroline and our family...

5 comments:

Chris said...

My deepest sympathies to all of you but especially sweet Caroline. I'm so sorry to hear that about Midnight. I got your message as I was leaving the gym. Sorry I missed your call. I hope all the sick germs are fading away and everyone is feeling better.
I just finished with dinner,bath,bed now it's my turn. I'm heading to the tub. If I have time before I crash I'll try to post something.
Hug Caroline for me!

Anonymous said...

so sorry about Midnight, caroline. may he rest in peace. much love to ya, girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Please tell Caroline for me that I'm so very sorry for her loss...poor thing. My heart goes out to her. Losing a pet is such a difficult thing. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers and am sending cyberhugs her way...much love, Missy

Anonymous said...

Dear sweet caroline, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Big hugs to you!

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks guys! Caroline says that she's sure Midnight is happy in heaven and that she loved Midnight a lot and appreciates everyone thoughts and prayers.