CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

8/1/92- "Love is patient, Love is kind..."

We are blessed and proud to be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on August 1st.

This
post is a little trip through the last 15 years in photos...hope you enjoy!

To my wonderful husband Doug, I want to say that it's been a long and amazing journey (and God knows we've had our share of ups and downs-and then some), but also one that has brought me more joy than anything else in life! I respect and admire you and am proud of the great Dad you are to our daughters. Thank you for being my best friend and making the last 15 years the best...hope we have at least 15 more together! I love you "Always and Forever"!

August 1, 1992- The Big Day

Here we are in the "dating" stage...how cute and young do we look?! 1991
I have always loved this silly photo! 1991
This is one of our 2 official "engagement" photos, I really like this one too. 11/91

This is 11 months after our wedding at another good friend's wedding...we clean up good! My best friend Renata took this awesome Glamour Shot of us after we'd been married a year or so...this is our sexy look!
This is Christmas of 1994...3 months before we became 1st time parents!
Another Christmas shot after we'd been parents (two times) for a couple of years, still cute!
This was taken at an apple orchard in North Ga. on a vacation in Murphy, NC...I love the Fall!
I believe this was about 4 years ago...
This is our most recent professional portrait from 2 Christmases ago, 2005.

This is another most recent favorite snap of us taken at our Niece's wedding on 6/2/07.

I am extremely proud of the fact that we are happily married after 15 years and 2 beautiful daughters together and look forward to growing old and watching our kids grow into adults with my hubby! Pics from our celebration to come later. Hope you all enjoyed this tribute post...love you all! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My last 15 years I've been the luckiest man on this God given earth. I say that because I've gotten to know one of the most lovely, courageous, kind, understanding, unselfish, beautiful, caring, unbelievable women I've ever had the privilege to meet. I'm speaking about my wonderful wife Kim. I never knew in all my life experiences I would ever would be so lucky.She has taught me so much about love,family, giving, caring,and most of all how to love yourself. Fifteen years ago she married the most stubborn, most difficult to live with man in the world. I was at a point in my life where I was on a road leading to guaranteed disaster. But somehow I still am amazed that God sent her into my life. She not only became my wife, but she became the love, hope,confidence, and strength that I had needed for so long in my difficult life. She became my umbrella when storms became too difficult. She became my lifeguard when I would start to drown. She became my light when things became dark. She brought joy when there were tears. She brought hope when there was hopelessness. She brought love when I felt hate. She brought peace when there was frustration. There were things she gave me more times over when I felt like I didn't deserve it. Then I ask myself can I do what she has done for the past fifteen years? I didn't even have to think about that one. Absolutely not! I would be lucky with the help of at least ten people to scratch the surface. She's been a wonderful mother to our two beautiful daughters. She's taken on so many challenges and problems and taken no credit for any of the accomplishments. God truly has sent me an angel that has saved me and stood beside me through every difficulty and every accomplishment in the last fifteen years. The most important lesson I have been taught by Kim is how to love. Love truly never changes,or becomes angry, it only grows in the one who gives it. That has been the most beautiful thing I've ever needed and have received in our fifteen years together that will last for the rest of my life.

Love Always,
Doug

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, this was so sweet!! Happy Anniversary to you both! what beautiful words your husband wrote to you. You both sound so perfect for each other. and i wish you many many more years of love, blessings and happiness. Great post!!

Anonymous said...

Wow What both you and Doug posted ..BEAUTIFUL!! Happy anniversary my friend! It is still ringing in my ears the day you told me you met Doug (I was on my way down to come live with you!)LOL! You knew from that moment he was your Mr. Right. It has been wonderful to see how you've grown and learned from eachother over the years. I can only hope Larry and I can learn from you two. I love you both very much!

BFF
Renata

Kimmie Kay said...

Awwww, sniff...thanks friends! I didn't know he did that until this morning. That was VERY sweet...it's nice to hear something so moving from hubby! I keep telling him he should blog more too since he's such a good writer, LOL! Love all around today...

Anonymous said...

WOW! Loved the pics from "memory lane", and loved Doug's sweet words. So special! Congrats to both of you on your very special day! I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're a beautiful role model - as a wife, as a mother, as a friend...I'm very blessed to have you in my life. Lots of love, Missy

Chris said...

Oh wow! MAJOR POINTS for Dougie!
Happy Anniversary you two kids! I know this is a big milestone for ya'll. 15 is awesome! Just think when I celebrate 10 you guys will have 20 coming up!
I haven't even seen some of those pics. I love that hot pink dress K and the Fall pic of ya'll.
You guys really were meant to be from the beginning! Marriage is supposed to be an adventure...you guys have stuck it out through a lot! CONGRATS on 15 years!!
We love you BOTH!
Mike,Chris & Lindsay

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks guys for all the sweet words and congrats, we sure do appreciate it!!! Yes, D does get major points! He brought me home 2 dozen roses and yummy cheesecake tonight too!