CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Super Sleepover!!!

OK, I don't have a lot pics (I don't put other people's kids on the blog without parental permission), but have to tell you that little Miss Social Butterfly Caroline had her very 1st sleepover at our house on Friday night. It was a huge hit! She and her friend partied like 1999 and kept Mom up until after 3 in the morning, yikes! There was pizza, chips, chocolate, soda, laffy taffy and an awesome nail session. They played (loudly I might add) in Liney's room for hours cracking each other up. Kaley had her best friend overnight also, they got in on the junk food and nail action too (and even did mine for me). I went in to Caroline's room at one point to check on the little devils and this is what I found (hold onto your hats everyone).....

Hamster Hoopla going on with Janet the Teddy Bear Hamster and Midnight the Movie Star Mouse (not pictured). These girls are crazy I tell ya, ha ha!

So after the smoke cleared and her friend left 17 and a half hours later (yea I counted, tee hee), I went to check on the state of Liney's room that she had cleaned all day in order not to be embarrassed (and which I requested that they straighten up before she left) and THIS is what I saw...(again, hold onto something my friends)

Needless to say, it still looks like this as I type this...OMG! She went over to her friend's to swim for 8 hours today (holla) and showered and collapsed into bed. It was SO worth it though!!!

So other and than the before and after sleepover cleaning laundry, and grocery shopping that I did this weekend, I decided not relax (what's wrong with me...I think I was channeling Missy, ha ha) and cleaned our pig stye of a 2 car garage instead. Man did it need it and boy is the trash man gonna be cussing me tomorrow morning, LOL! Kaley helped and Doug did the laundry room and lawn. I gotta say that it feels SO good to purge, organize and cross that long standing and huge chore off my to do list!

OK, that's our update for the weekend...stay tuned for another Barbie post coming soon from Kaley...love you all!

5 comments:

Chris said...

SO glad Caroline had a successful first sleep over! WOOHOO! I know they had a blast!! If Lindsay could do my nails I wouldn't mind if she kept me up all night...DAMNITOL! ROFLMAO!
Someday....I can't wait for the girly girl stuff... :P

Kudos to you for getting some hated chores off your list this weekend too. Wanna tackle my garage? UGH!

Anonymous said...

rockin' sleepover, man! her room looks classic. love it. :) glad she had such a great time with her friend. and i LOVE to organize and purge things! it makes everything feel fresh and new. you have inspired me to go do some of that myself! glad y'all had a good one!

Heather said...

I didn't know it counted as a successful sleep over unless you got no sleep at all and trashed at least one room.

On the plus side - my parents actually had to replace carpet after one of my sleep overs. So it could be worse!

Anonymous said...

Since you're channeling me, now I know where I've been! My house is a disaster right now - I am so behind! With Caylin's pool party coming up this Saturday, I need to get my butt in gear or else I'll be terribly embarrassed at the state of things with all the company we're expecting. Yikes! Can I have my super-cleaning vibe back, please? I really need a good kick in the rear! (Love the pics, btw, and glad the sleepover was a huge success!) Much love, M

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks All! Yes M, you can have your super cleaning vibe back...especially since I busted up my back tackling the garage, LOL! Good luck with Caylin's pool party...sounds like fun, wish we could be there! Good to hear from ya my friend...

And I agree everyone, it's not a successful sleepover until a room gets trashed and no one gets any sleep, so I guess we did alright for a first time, ha ha!