CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 16, 2007

For My Dad

Ever since I can remember, I have been a Daddy's Girl. Maybe it's because I was his first daughter (a fact I tease my sisters about), but I have always looked up to my Dad. A man that could adopt me at two days old with my Mom and work as hard as he did when we were younger garnered my respect. My Dad has always been there for me: to encourage me, to kick me in the butt when I needed it (and still do), to advise me and to praise me. He motivated and inspired me to finish my college degree at age 34, something he knew I could accomplish even when I wasn't sure. . My Dad, like all of us, is far from perfect but I never doubted that he would always be there for me no matter what life threw at me. Did I mention that he had 3 other kids and was the surrogate father to one of my friends too? Even still, he taught me many things about life and along with my Mom were the best parents and role models a girl could ask for! We are not a "mushy" family regularly, but today especially I want my Dad to know how grateful I am for everything he's done for me, and for my family. He is a wonderful "Poppy" to my daughters...I see the same admiration from them that I have for my Dad. Words cannot express how blessed I feel to see my Dad instilling the same values he taught me in my daughters. So Dad, thank you for your unconditional love...I hope you know how much I love you and will always be "Daddy's Girl".

Happy Father's Day!
Kim (a.k.a. Your #1 Daughter) :)

My Dad with his "kids" last Father's Day...what a good looking group!

Kaley and Pop Pop dressed up and fancy (at a wedding)

Caroline and Pop Pop (at her end of the year play)

Poppy and his Big Girls (at his birthday bash 5 years ago)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh, that gave me chills! so sweet! you are a great writer. hope it was a great day!

Kimmie Kay said...

Thank you Katie! It wasn't my best writing, but it was heartfelt! It's easier for me to write things like that than say them out loud sometimes. I like that blogging is an outlet for that. :) It was a great day!

Chris said...

See, I KNEW you'd love Blogging!!

Happy Father's Day to Roger...he's my surrogate Dad too!

Kimmie Kay said...

Of course C, you were the one I was referring to as my Dad being the surrogate father to. You're my sis man!