CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Two New Creatures: A Very Special Day

I am so proud to report that Caroline Elizabeth made the choice to be baptized by immersion this morning after service at church. Congratulations to my baby, I'm so proud of her! The story about how this all happened is pretty amazing:
We have been having some discussion at our house about sin and baptism and the different methods (the girls were both baptized as infants as was I). So this morning, before service I asked our Pastor if he could meet with the girls and I after after worship and he agreed (not knowing what about). The service was going on as usual until I realized the sermon was about baptism (divine intervention). I was hanging on every word and exchanging knowing glances with Kaley and Caroline. I could see in their innocent faces that they were getting it too. As the sermon was coming to a close, pastor shocked the congregation by announcing that he had filled the baptismal pool earlier this morning (something he's never done before) and wanted to invite anyone that wanted to be baptized right now to come forward while we all prayed with heads bowed and eyes closed. I quietly slipped past my girls and friends and went forward. Pastor asked me a few questions and the next thing I knew my friend and one of the deacons were taking me to the back of the sanctuary and we were all crying. Pastor then called upon my friend to join me in the water and she witnessed my rebirth as a new creature up close and personal while the congregation watched from a distance. I kept my eyes focused on Kaley and Caroline and could see the impact it had on them. It was the most indescribably joyful experience of my life and I'm so happy that I did it today! Afterwards as I was dripping wet and filled with the Holy Spirit, I asked my friend to bring the girls to were I was. They came and congratulated me and said how proud they were and Pastor joined us and answered the kids questions about baptism with me. It was then and there that Caroline came forward and decided for herself to be baptized today too. She wanted it to be private, so it was after church and her sister, myself and my friend and two of her daughters all stood by and cheered for the second new creature in our family. Kaley was very emotional and decided that she would also liked to be "re-baptized" privately but would let me know when she wanted to do it. I am proud that she didn't just "go with the flow" and follow suit but rather choose to think and study more about it to make the right decision for herself.

What a blessing today was and I for one am still rejoicing in it!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, sounds like we both had pretty interesting church sunday's. I'm glad that went so well with the girls too.

Carol and I went and saw "the Women" today and you and I need to talk. I didn't like it at all!

Kimmie Kay said...

Ut oh...am I in trouble C?!

Yes, I agree Sunday was a powerful day for both of us...

Call me soon, miss you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Talk about God just taking that whole situation right into his hands. Only He could have worked that out just so perfectly. Isn't he wonderful!!!