CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Happy, Silly, Fun, Family New Year's Eve!

We decided to stay in last night and indulge in our favorite New Year's past time...appetizers and board games. :) Grandma and Grandpa, and my sister and nieces came over to join in the fun too. We started off with a scrabble match of my Dad and I vs. my Mom and Caroline (a first time player)...of course Grandma's team won as she is the Scrabble Master of the family, we had fun. Kaley and Caroline got their little cousins into some hilarious rounds of "Ring Around the Rosie" and "Duck Duck Goose" too, they are so cute! We nibbled and had a toast with our sparkling grape juice before our guests left. Then the 4 of us cracked out our new "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" game while watching the festivities on TV. That is one fun game I tell ya! Caroline outsmarted us all! We had another family toast for a wonderful 2008 while the ball dropped and called it a year. Hope you all had a safe and Happy New Year and I wish many blessings in 2008! Here are some photos from the silliness:


Caroline and I were the champs of this game, here we are showing off our new hair do's too!

How cute is she?! Everyone says with her new hair cut she looks even more like me now. :)

Looks like I'm raising a couple of lushes here, LOL! Grape juice people...sister toast!

This is our hysterical attempt at a family portrait with Kaley's new camera...LOVE it, ha ha!


I'll leave you with a video toast from Kaley and Caroline...Happy New Year One and All!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Wish we could have celebrated with you!!!!!

We hope to see you all soon!

Anonymous said...

Love you and Caroline's new do's! Y'all look so cute!

Sounds like it was a fun new year's! I love the way that sparkling grape juice tastes.

Loved the video! I was jammin' to Fergie who I could hear singing in the background-love that song!!

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family, Kimmie Kay. Great family shot! :)

Anonymous said...

oh, i almost forgot! we will be "p"erusing the peculiar and preposterous letter P this week and next! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast! I love both your new haircuts! Awesome!!! Happy New year and may 2008 be the best year yet!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast! I love both your new haircuts! Awesome!!! Happy New year and may 2008 be the best year yet!

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks for the nice compliments ladies! I can't wait to see you either C! I'm hoping to get up to see R on my bday weekend at the end of the month too, yippee for BFF visits!

Katie- hope "P" week doesn't leave you pooped, LOL! Let me know if you want me to check the ABC book for ideas (I'm already thinking a pizza party is in order). :) I forgot that youc ould hear Fergie in the background when I shot that video, too funny!

Happy New Year My Friends!
Kimmie Kay

Heather said...

What fun! I love me some Scrabble. Caroline is looking like you with that hair cut - very nice! Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Melanie said...

You and Miss Caroline could be twins! Love the new do's. It sounds like you guys had a great New Years!