CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Birthday Shout Out & Book Review:Christmas Jars

I would like to send a Happy Birthday Shout Out today to my all time BFF Renata (frequent reader of this blog). She is the best and I hope her day was as special as she is to so many of us! Love Ya girl! Here is a fave snap of the two of us from a couple of years ago...



I read a wonderful book over the weekend that I wanted to recommend to my blogger pals. It's called Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright. I saw him on Glenn Beck on CNN when I was channel surfing a couple of weeks ago, he was talking about his new book The Wednesday Letters (I have it on order from the local library). This book is a compelling story about family (how they come in all different forms) and the lessons learned through giving (by both the giver and receiver). If you are a generous and caring person who enjoys to help others, you will feel inspired to take action personally as those in this book did. It describes a heartfelt tradition begun at Christmas, but the lessons learned apply all year long. I know that I started our 1st Christmas jar when I finished the book and hope you do too. Please let me know what you think if you have read or do read this book, I'm interested in your feedback. Also, would anyone out there like to start or participate in a "blogger book club" We could pick a book and assign a due date to have it read and take turns hosting blog chats about it...sound good to anyone?

* Check out the comments on this post, the author himself left one*

8 comments:

Jason Wright said...

Hey thanks! I am soooo glad you enjoyed Christmas Jars :)

Anonymous said...

well, damn, girl!! you got the author to comment! awesome.

anyways, great pic of you and Renata-happy bday to her. y'all look awesome.

i'm gonna try this book out! :)

Chris said...

Hey..I remember that pic. That's when ya'll were here for my baby shower. Happy Birthday REE!

I'm totally going to check that book out Kim. Is that really the author or a joke? If it is that's pretty cool.

Kimmie Kay said...

That really IS the author girls...I am as impressed as you are and plan on writing him back...wow! It is a great book. I didn't want to write too much about the story, but it's heartwarming too. I really think everyone should read this book. :)

Anonymous said...

Jason Wright??? How cool is it that he found your blog and commented? WOOHOO!!

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks M, I know, right?! I'm excited about it. You should read this book, it's small and as busy as you are, you could get it done. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the birthday shoutout my friend!

Very cool that the author left a comment. AWESOME.. What did you write back to him?

Kimmie Kay said...

You all can click on the author's picture above where he write his comment to get to his blog. I posted a comment back to him on his latest post. Cool!