CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Horseback Ride


Last weekend we went to a local riding stable for a one hour guided walking tour, it was awesome! This was what Caroline wanted to celebrate her 9th birthday. Her big sister didn't ride (she was the photographer), but her Dad and I joined her on the trail. Caroline has never ridden before and I hadn't since I was 10. We were so proud of our little equestrian...she did great! She loved every minute of it and even got to pick out the horse she rode. Her name is Jet and they are now friends for life. :) It wasn't too hot either and we had a nice breeze to keep us cool...man we were sore the next day though! I think "Cowgirl Caroline" takes after her Dad with the love of and ease riding horses. We can't wait to go back!

6 comments:

Jen Rouse said...

sounds like a fun birthday! i like the pic of the proud cowgirl at the bottom!

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks! I framed the 2nd pic for her and hung it above her bed, but everyone loves the cowgirl one too!

Chris said...

Woohoo! I see you got the ticker up too. Love these pics. I too, love the one of Caroline at the bottom.
I won't even tell you about the first time I "tried" to ride a horse. I'll ride SHREKRA at Busch Gardens but NOT a horse!!! LOL!

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks C! Yes, the horse I had needed lots of prodding along the trail, but I think I'd rather ride a horse again before a roller coaster, LOL! Keep checking back, I'm playing catch up and posting more today. :)

Anonymous said...

cute pictures. Happy birthday to your cowgirl!

Kimmie Kay said...

Thanks Katie!